Inserting XML into SQL Server table XML column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Naren12345babu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Inserting XML into SQL Server table XML column

Post by Naren12345babu »

HI All,

I am trying to insert an XML content into XML Column datatype in SQL Server table. But I am able to insert only half of the XML.

I am using ODBC Connector stage to insert XML content.

can anyone help me in this please

Thanks
Naren
Thanks
Naren Babu Ch
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hard to say...could be a Connector issue, or a mid-job truncation issue, or something else. Depends on how/where you are losing the xml content. If you send it to disk instead of to SQL Server (use a sequential stage and use none/none for quote character and delimeter) with a longvarchar column and long length, does it get truncated at the same place?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Naren12345babu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Naren12345babu »

hi. i can get full XML file when I write to disk. the problem is with ODBC Connector stage.
Thanks
Naren Babu Ch
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the data type (especially the size) of the column to which you are attempting to write? And how large is your XML fragment? Finally, do you have double-byte character (Unicode) capability enabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.