Rebuiding DataStage job from the DataStage Project folder

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

puppyc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rebuiding DataStage job from the DataStage Project folder

Post by puppyc »

I had a crash which I had to restore the xmta repository from an older backup. Unfortunately we don't have a back/export of the jobs, but the datastage project folder is current and have all the jobs that we are looking.

The question is has anyone been able to recover datastage jobs that exists in the project folders but not is not in the xmeta ?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you haven't done so already, definitely involve support in this...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

Its a bit late, but step 1 is to back up everything you have NOW. Damaged or not, take everything and dump it somewhere. Then if your attempts to restore and fix it make things worse, you can get at least this much back.

Beyond that... I am just a dev, but I export and back up my own work on the side. The company has backups etc, but I am paranoid and have a "hands on" mentality.
puppyc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by puppyc »

Yeah I've already opened up a PMR and basically support says that you can recover the project folder from xmeta but not the other way around.

Looks like it's back to square one..

Thanks!
puppyc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by puppyc »

I was wondering if a dsx file can be constructed from the data stored in the Project folder files?

Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I doubt it, but I don't know. The "syncproject" script might be worth a try. Search on it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius