Oracle DB Connectivity Test

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Oracle DB Connectivity Test

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

I have just installed InformationServer v11.5. I have imported a job from test over to development. When I go to test the Oracle stage I get an error:

"Error loading connector library libccora12c.so. libclntsh.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have validated these libraries are on the server. I have validated users have permissions to these libraries. I have validated users have a default ORACLE_HOME environment variable and it is located in their default PATH. This only happens when users attempt to Test the oracle connection. When the job is compiled and run everything completes successfully which demonstrates at some level my user account can get to the libraries. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check your Engine credentials (the user under whose identity jobs are actually run). Does this user have the shared library search list correctly set?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

Couple of questions regarding what you are asking:

1. When performing a Connectivity Test from the oracle stage inside of Designer, is this being done with the user account who is logged into Designer client or is it done by dsadm or isadmin?

I ask t his because my user account logged into to the Designer client can run the entire job (including the Oracle stage) an the job completes successfully. This tells me my account is setup properly.

2. Everyone has (at a minimum) READ access to the shared libraries in /opt/../../../DSComponents. Are there other shared libraries which control this connectivity test feature?

3. Does the dsenv get sourced for the connectivity test? If so, then my LD PATH looks like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/biginsights/IHC/c++/Linux-amd64-64/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEngine/lib:$ISHOME/jdk/jre/lib/amd64/j9vm:$ISHOME/jdk/jre/lib/amd64:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86_64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

As far as I can tell everything looks like it should work. I also found a URL (see below) from IBM which I have also attempted with no such luck. Though it only says to restart the ASBNode:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21441132

Interesting to note that I am having the exact same issue the above IBM URL describes.
Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

Some additional info. While looking through log files in the /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/logs directory. The /asb-agent-0. out log shows this error:

[06/21/16 13:16:10:946 EDT] 7233 com.ibm.iis.cas log SEVERE CDICC3401E: CC_LoadedConnector::loadLibrary, file CC_ConnectorFactory.cpp, line 1536

The above error happens every time I try to connect to the DB using the "Test" connectivity feature in the Designer client. I did a Google search on the "file CC_ConnectorFactory.cpp" and came to the below IBM URL: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21665631 In the above URL they were mentioning I may be using the wrong Oracle client version. This is not the case as I am using Oracle Client 12c and this client works in a different environment with the same install/configuration. Does this mean there is some configuration which may need to be changed so that my install of Oracle client is recognized?
Seth.Dickerson
Participant

Post by Seth.Dickerson »

UPDATE:

After finding the previous URL's and some other threads on DSXchange....I shutdown the ASBAgent and the DS service. Then did a general ps -ef and noticed there were some lingering stale ./ASB processes from the initial install. I decided to reboot the server to clear those processes. Once the server rebooted I did another general "ps -ef" and noticed those processes were now cleared out. I started up the ASBAgent and then the DataStage service. I then logged into the Designer Client and performed a "Connectivity Test" and it was successful.

Marking this thread as "Resolved"

Thanks for all advice.....
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

I had the same issue with the Oracle Connector stage - Test connection function and this resolution solved my issues.

Thanks