Hierarchical Data Stage - XML not showing in output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ddrew
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hierarchical Data Stage - XML not showing in output

Post by ddrew »

Currently we have an xsd that is layed out as shown here

<Policy>
<<Transaction>>
<<<Comments>>>
<<<Coverage>>>

All of these are unbounded.

I have done a regroup of each of the listed sections and then a sort for each as well.
We can map everything with success but upon looking at the XML output, no Comments are showing up and it is grouped the same way as Coverage but Coverage comes out correctly in the XML output file.

Do you have any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to fix this?

Thanks
DTD
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Creating complex multi-path hierarchies can be difficult. To debug, first be sure you have a Job that is successfully able to build the xml with the hierarchy (if I understand your symbols), just policy...transaction...comments. Get that working by itself. ...then another Job that separately creates policy...transaction....coverage. Coverage and Comments appear to be at the same level (I suspect that you also have multiple input links for each of these repeating inputs?...it isn't required, but you would probably have a strange input file, perhaps with occurs, etc. if not)......

...once you have both sections proven and working on their own, you can work on putting them toether, which means joining the two lists by the things that are in common between them....probably the policy info and the transaction info.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>