Run GROOM using Netezza DataStage connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSINCO
Premium Member
Premium Member

Run GROOM using Netezza DataStage connector

Post by DSINCO »

Requirement is to run the groom statement after table manipulation.

I have a sequence where I want to run the GROOM TABLE statement by passing in the sql through a job parameter to the Netezza connector.
SQL statement [as a job parameter]:
GROOM TABLE TEST.EMPLOYEE

I have tried command in Before SQL as well as in User_Defined SQL in the Netezza connector.

I receive the following error:
Netezza_Connector_1: Failed to execute SQL statement: GROOM TABLE TEST.EMPLOYEE. Reason: [SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR: GROOM TABLE is not allowed in a BEGIN/COMMIT block or stored procedure

Can this be done through the DataStage Netezza connector, and if so please direct me on how this can be accomplished.

TIA
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I have run into similar errors with DB2, in that the before/after SQL of the connector stage is really only expecting standard SQL statements and blows up on any database-specific commands that aren't technically standard SQL. We had to move such commands to shell scripts and call the script from the sequence job, just before or after the job.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius