Where to Get the Full Summary of Sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

possibility1234
Participant

Where to Get the Full Summary of Sequence

Post by possibility1234 »

I want to ask where and how I can get the summary of sequence director log. Pipe it into a .txt readable file.

I did not see this as part of Repository that we are using. I had read we can find it in the UV Database but want to be sure I can get it

What I am looking for normally have the following entries line in the Director log of the sequence

....JobControl (@Coordinator): Summary of sequence run...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Logs are stored in either XMETA or the "legacy UV" repository, controlled by your RTLogging and ORLogging settings. If you have the Operations Console in your release, that kind of information can be there, specifically in the DSODB, I believe.

Rather than type up a bunch of things that are already out there, I'd suggest starting with doing an exact search for 'dsgetlog' and wade through some of them. Most of them are people wanting to do much the same as you, pull information from the job's log to persist elsewhere. Or an exact search for 'Summary of Sequence Run' might narrow things down a bit more.

Also note that this can be done in DataStage via a custom routine or from the command line using the dsjob utility, all of the same functionality exists in both places, up to you where you want to solve this problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
possibility1234
Participant

Post by possibility1234 »

Thanks for your response:

I have DSODB set up and what I am looking for is not part of what is being captured. I have checked all the tables with the reference table. We currently use this repository to capture the status of our jobs
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

While I knew many of the things people used to go to the logs for are now in the DSODB, I wasn't sure about your summary information. Sounds like you'll need to stick to the normal logs for that.

Planning on coming at it from the command line or custom routine side?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Monitoring data captured in DSODB can be configured in DSODBConfig.cfg file. (Default directory: /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSODB/DSODBConfig.cfg)

Add following entry in DSODBConfig.cfg (ideally in "Job Log Events" section) to capture "Summary of sequence run"

Code: Select all

CaptureLog=IIS-DSTAGE-RUN-I-0019/Summary of sequence run 
Required data will be in JOBRUNLOG table.