java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat626
Participant

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging

Post by venkat626 »

Hello Team,

I am using a hierachical stage to call a webservice and am trying to write to datset file. I configured the restful and general step but am getting below error. Anyone who could help me interpret this would be of great help

Error: [Output link 0] Java runtime exception occurred: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory (org.exolab.castor.xml.XMLContext::<clinit>, file XMLContext.java, line 41)

[Output link 0] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
[Output link 0] at org.exolab.castor.xml.XMLContext.<clinit> (XMLContext.java: 41)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractBeanCastorHandler.<clinit> (AbstractBeanCastorHandler.java: 44)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractBlockDeserializer.<init> (AbstractBlockDeserializer.java: 160)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractE2ProcessDeserializer.<init> (AbstractE2ProcessDeserializer.java: 30)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer11.<init> (E2ProcessDeserializer11.java: 34)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer.handleFormatBackwardCompatibility (E2ProcessDeserializer.java: 173)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer.parseRootElement (E2ProcessDeserializer.java: 105)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer.parseRootElement (E2ProcessDeserializer.java: 36)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractDeserializer.parse (AbstractDeserializer.java: 264)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer.deserialize (E2ProcessDeserializer.java: 68)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.E2ProcessDeserializer.deserialize (E2ProcessDeserializer.java: 36)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractDeserializer.deserialize (AbstractDeserializer.java: 91)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.serialization.AbstractDeserializer.deserializeString (AbstractDeserializer.java: 200)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.deserializeProcess (AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.java: 291)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.<init> (AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.java: 224)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AssemblyProxy.<init> (AssemblyProxy.java: 42)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.E2AssemblyInterfaceFactory.newAssembly (E2AssemblyInterfaceFactory.java: 37)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.E2AssemblyInterfaceFactory.newAssembly (E2AssemblyInterfaceFactory.java: 30)
[Output link 0] at com.ibm.e2.connector.datastage.cc.CC_E2Adapter.<init> (CC_E2Adapter.java: 256)
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

We had this issue about a month ago. As I understand it, the H-stage itself was the problem and we needed a patch from IBM. I don't have the patch number or details though, I am not involved in the tool patching or setup etc.

--
I dug thru the emails and found 2 things of note..

from IBM:
FYI... we have couple of other sites reported similar issue in the past and it turned out to be patch / FixPack level difference between client / server, and issue got resolved after syncing patch / FixPack on client / server, it could be same in your case...

and internally

There were some Metadata Patches that we applied to fix something. They affected the Hierarchical Stage.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We ran into that also and it required a patch to fix it. Try searching on the IBM Support Portal.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
venkat626
Participant

Post by venkat626 »

Thanks for the info.

I have logged a ticket with IBM and will update .

Many thanks,
Venkat