RunConfigActions script execution failed. Exit code: 1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Angelus15
Participant

Post by Angelus15 »

Hello friends, I hope you are well, I come to you because I have a problem currently in the Infophere platform where I work, it is directly with the WAS.

The error is when trying to start the server, the following error occurs:

Exception caught while waiting for runConfigActions Script to complete: /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/InfoSphere/bin/runConfigActions.sh

I found few references to this error, and the solutions did not apply.

I have configured the IIS 11.5 version suite on a CentOS 6.6 server. I'm new to this Datastage world. Please help me
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Best to open a support case while you're waiting for help... if you haven't done so already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Angelus15
Participant

Post by Angelus15 »

Thanks chulett for your contribution, unfortunately but the license we have in the company is limited, does not have support on the application. Any other idea?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I counsel... patience. See if someone with any ideas (which is not me, btw) wanders by.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I've worked with DataStage since 1999 and not run into that error before, but like you said it's WAS-related, not DataStage. I may be wrong but my understanding is that with IBM software like this your organization must pay annual maintenance for the software subscription and support, or else it must be uninstalled and not used (destroyed).
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That understanding is not correct. Having paid for the software you are entitled to use it (the purchase price includes the first year's maintenance generally).

If you opt not to have maintenance, and later want it, you have to pay for all the time you did not have it as well as renewing the maintenance contract.

While you don't have maintenance, you're on your own as far as IBM is officially concerned.

Please note that, while we try to be helpful based on our own experiences, DSXchange is not a substitute for official support.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Angelus15
Participant

Post by Angelus15 »

thanks qt_ky for your contribution.
Angelus15
Participant

Post by Angelus15 »

thanks ray.wurlod for your contribution.
Angelus15
Participant

Re: RunConfigActions script execution failed. Exit code: 1

Post by Angelus15 »

I wanted to comment, I could solve the error on the application crash (WebSphere, Datastage etc).

Looking in other forums, I found how to lift the services by manually executing a shell process (sh startServer.sh server1 -trace), with this command the WebSphere is started.

But now I get an error directly with Datastage.

Moderator: that issue was posted here. Marking this aspect of things resolved.