DB2 Connector Update Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ScottDun
Participant

DB2 Connector Update Issue

Post by ScottDun »

Hi All,

I am having an issue with a parallel job within a sequence that will fail after the first run and then, when restarted, it works fine. I am getting the fatal error "DB2_Connector_18,0: An insert, update, or delete statement failed to run. (CC_DB2DBStatement::processRowStatusArray, file CC_DB2DBStatement.cpp, line 2,535)". I am trying to prevent this from happening again. I am in update write mode, record count of 2000, append table action.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Scott
SCOTTDun
AshishDevassy
Participant

Post by AshishDevassy »

whats is the sql code that you are getting ?

Since it runs after restart , my guess is this is data related (you might be getting more that one records from your input stream for the same key)

Start by running you code on a single node.

and reduce the record count to the least possible.
that's wierd ?
ScottDun
Participant

Post by ScottDun »

The SQLCODE is 40506, Native Error Code is -1,476, Error code -911. Our architect wants us at 2000 array count
SCOTTDun
AshishDevassy
Participant

Post by AshishDevassy »

THE CURRENT UNIT OF WORK HAS BEEN ROLLED BACK DUE TO DEADLOCK OR TIMEOUT. REASON reason-code, TYPE OF RESOURCE resource-type, AND RESOURCE NAME resource-name

Did you try running it on a single node ?
that's wierd ?
ScottDun
Participant

Post by ScottDun »

I mentioned this to see if it would have any effect on the performance. We will be running tonight to see if it persists. Thanks for your help.
SCOTTDun