oracle connector table action clariifcation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

oracle connector table action clariifcation

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

currently i am using below sql statement in oracle connector with writemode:-delete table action is having following options:-create,append,truncate,replace.
what is the purpose of this table action option? It is not clear to me and anybody give input on this
a)DELETE from table1 where CLAIMNUMBER = ORCHESTRATE.CLAIMNUMBER;
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:idea: Have you tried reading the documentation? For example, the Connectivity Guide for Oracle Databases pdf? I'd start there. A search for "Table 11" will get you to the right spot.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vamsi_4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

I do not want to so any create,truncate,replace etc.Just i want to delete the data based on above sql.I have gone through
manual.significance of table action is not clear.can anobody provide input on this

table actions:-
options:-create=only create
append=
truncate=only truncate
replace=drop+create
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Append = what? The entry in the table I mentioned shows it as the default action and very clearly explains what it does. Nothing. The others are there for when you want something at the table level to be done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

vamsi_4a6 wrote:I have gone through manual.significance of table action is not clear.
I have to disagree. The manual very clearly explains the Table action property and each value. Please go through it again.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius