DSODB MPP/GRID ResourceRemoteFS not showing up on Dashboard

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSODB MPP/GRID ResourceRemoteFS not showing up on Dashboard

Post by PaulVL »

Not sure what is not properly configured here so reaching out to the community before opening a PMR.

Linux Redhat 6.7.

I have a grid setup using Platform LSF as the resource manager. (works great)

6 head nodes sharing compute nodes. (works great)

I am trying to configure DSODB on HN6 (the others will follow) to show the scratch disk usage.

I have the scratch disk showing up just fine off the Head Node configured via ResourceLocalFS=/myMount in DSODBConfig.cfg

I have configured the "ResourceRemoteFS=ComputeNodeHostname+/myMount" in the config file as well but I do not see that information on the dashboard. Frustrating.

I have the resource monitor enabled but I do not see it gathering the disk info.

I've bounced the engine, restarted DSODB app watcher stuff, ran some jobs that have sort activity (to hit the scratch).

nothing is fixing that lack of compute node visibility on the activity page, resource monitoring tab. I see the Head Node mounts under the disk space usage, but not my compute node host or mounts.

What am I missing here guys?

I highly suspect that it is the resource tracker program that is not capturing the mount information, but that is outside of the DSODB configuration stuff I suspect.

Thanks in advance.

Is anyone else in a GRID showing their remote scratch disk under the DSODB dashboard?