How to run IA Data Quality rule using external bundles?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ktrogers
Participant

How to run IA Data Quality rule using external bundles?

Post by ktrogers »

Want to use a third party scheduler, so we have create external bundles for 100+ data quality jobs.

Running on a Linux system and new to scripting for a Linux. Looking for sample script to run the rules in sequence.

Thanks in advanced for any guidance you can offer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you built an istool command to run one bundle? Extending from one to 100 is simply a scripting exercise.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

You might want to consider using the command line API (IAadmin) to run the data rules. You would use the -runTasks (see http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecen ... mands.html) with an XML input that looks like http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecen ... _rule.html
Regards,
Robert
ktrogers
Participant

Post by ktrogers »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you built an istool command to run one bundle? Extending from one to 100 is simply a scripting exercise. ...
I have built the IAJob command line to run the IABundles I created via the IA Client.

I then change to the directory 'cd IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\bin' on my laptop and I can run my command lines (IAJob -user XXXXXXX -password XXXXXXX -isHost ZLDEVENDWISS01 -port 9445 -runBundle "\\SWPDCENDWODB01\D\DW_Devl\IBM_IARulesBundles\Cactus\BR10000C1001100 Cactus Prov SSN Rule run.xml") and the rules run correctly.

What I am looking for help is how do I now take these command lines and put them into a DOS bat file so I can use adTempus (a scheduler) to run them? Or do I have to use a shell script?

I also need to make sure that they don't all fire off a once when the bat files is ran.

Thanks