Dual monitor losing Designer panels

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dual monitor losing Designer panels

Post by boxtoby »

Hi Guys,

I think this is actually a windows problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and knows how to get out of it.

I am using a laptop with a second monitor connected via the "extended desktop" option. Normally, all works well but occasionally due to the hot desking policy here I end up with a monitor with a different resolution.

This causes problems in Designer whereby in a job some sub panels such as the transformer are not displayed. It is "there", somewhere, but not visible. I can close the hidden transformer sub panel by pressing escape.

I can actually fix the problem by reconnecting to the original monitor and ensuring that the sub panels all appear on the same monitor as Designer itself. However, this is not possible when working from home, for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Bob.
Bob Oxtoby
dcross58
Participant

Re: Dual monitor losing Designer panels

Post by dcross58 »

Hi , this happens to me frequently. The window is opening "off screen"

You are going to have to delete a set of registry keys.
follow this guide from IBM, here

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21413718
D Cross
Data Analyst
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

You don't have to edit the registry. Commands to move the errant pop-up back to your main screen are in this post...

viewtopic.php?t=150994
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020