Oracle Connector resulting zero records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Connector resulting zero records

Post by chandu123 »

I have created a server job to fetch records from two different source Oracle connectors and in the next step I am joining those records using Transformer stage.

When I execute the source Select SQL queries on their DBs, they result with 1 record each but when I run the server job, they are fetching zero records. Is there anything I need to change for fetching data in server jobs?
HB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Best to start by posting in the Server forum. I've moved you there. Also known as 'here'.

Secondly, no. What's different about the SQL in the job versus the tool - parameters? Look at the detail in the job's log to see what was actually executed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chandu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandu123 »

I checked the job log and it is the same SQL which is resulting a record when I run in the SQL Developer. And connections are working fine to the source database. Should I change anything to see the same results as SQL?
HB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, there's nothing special you need to do. DataStage is a client just like your Developer tool - both send the SQL to the database and it sends back the results. If you are certain the SQL is the same then perhaps they are not connecting to the same instance. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers