Add Balanced Optimization option post-install?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Add Balanced Optimization option post-install?

Post by roblew »

Is there a way to add/install or enable the Balanced Optimization feature to an existing Info Server environment (11.5.0.1 already installed)?

I tried re-running setup again and selecting "add products", and it gives me an option to install FastTrack (not currently installed, and not needed) from the Product Selection screen. It won't let me proceed if I don't select anything in the Product Selection screen. If I select FastTrack, it does not prompt me to select the Balanced Optimization checkbox like it had during the initial install.

thanks,
Rob
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Balanced optimization is a feature and can be managedthru iisAdmin.

Give following Unix command to check if Balanced Optimization is not already ON

Code: Select all

<IS_install_path>/ASBServer/iisAdmin.sh -display -key com.ibm.iis.datastage.license.*
Look for com.ibm.iis.datastage.license.feature.BAL_OPT=1. If you don't see this line, then switch it ON, by giving following command

Code: Select all

<IS_install_path>/ASBServer/iisAdmin.sh -set -key com.ibm.iis.datastage.license.feature.BAL_OPT -value 1
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Everybody who installs or upgrades to 11.5 DataStage is allowed to turn the Balanced Optimizer on since it no longer requires a separate license and is free with DataStage 11.