First attempt IA Unix Environment Data source SQL Server

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

First attempt IA Unix Environment Data source SQL Server

Post by ecclesr »

Hello,

Last time I did IA was 2010 (and I was not the DataStage Administrator), Windows platform (8.5) against SQL server

This time I am attempting IA, Linux platform, against SQL Server 2008, IADB is DB2/UDB V9 (I did the installed as DataStage Administrator)

From Designer our connections to SQL Server are via ODBC.

What are the steps I need to do for "Connect to a data source" and "Importing Metadata" when ODBC is involved

Have people had any issues such as project being corrupted attempting to do IA (Linux/SQL Server)

Thanking you all in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You will need to add the ODBC connections to either the master or the project odbc.ini and uvodbc.config files so that it appears in the drop-down lists. Then from the metadata import manager create a new import so that you can define the data source using the odbc.ini ODBC entry and import the metadata of the table(s) in the database/schema.
Then you can select those entries you've created in the selection tab of your IA project.
(that was the quick, Cliff-Notes version of the steps involved; I didn't want to bog the thread down with details which you might not require)