Cannot import a table because of an unknown data type

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

Cannot import a table because of an unknown data type

Post by vmcburney »

I am trying to import a table definition using IMAM so it can be profiled but it has a column from a GIS system set to a geometric data type and the import bridge is giving the error "Unsupported data type" for that column and rejecting the table. I would like to import the table and ignore or remove those columns. We have just read only access to the database and cannot create a database view to remove or recast the column to a different data type. Is there any other way to import this metadata? Can we change a configuration setting somewhere to ignore these errors and import the metadata anyway?
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi Vince,

What broker/bridge are you using?
Regards,
Robert
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Using the Metadata Asset Manager Oracle bridge in version 11.5 fix pack 1.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Sorry, no IMAM option that I know of. Either a view or stage the data without the column.
Regards,
Robert
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

How about ODBC bridge? I know best practice is to use IMAM as the entry point....but the job needs to be done...how about importing the table definition in DataStage? A shared table definition will be visible in all IIS components... and you will be able to go ahead with your profiling task
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses