Address Verification (AVI) - Output Variables

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

spdsquared2
Participant

Address Verification (AVI) - Output Variables

Post by spdsquared2 »

I can't find documentation describing the output column mapping for the Address Verification stage, particularly interested in geoaccuracy_qsav and geodistance_qsav. Anyone here know, or can point me to documentation (I can't find detailed documentation on AVI).
Thanks! Sean
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The AVI 10.5 interface is not very well documented with respect to geocoding. If you look on the output column tab of the stage, there are some short descriptions of each column, which is more than the online documentation offers.

GeoAccuracy_QSAV = Accuracy and geocoding level. (not entirely useful...)

GeoDistance_QSAV = Uncertainty in meters.

There is a PDF Guide for AVI, which has just a little bit more than what the Knowledge Center appears to have. It's not available to download from the web, but it is included in the AVI interface installation download. It describes AccuracyCode_QSAV in detail, but not the other two.

Support would likely suggest you open an RFE to get these documented.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

I would suggest that the GeoAccuracy_QSAV is actually very critical. It tells you the quality of the geocode. Two examples are 'P5' if a 'point' geocode at a 'delivery point', and 'A3' if an 'Average' of geocode values based on the street.

You use this code to drive downstream processing and make decision about what to do with 'unacceptable' geocodes.
Regards,
Robert
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I agree that the GeoAccuracy_QSAV value is useful. To clarify, what I meant by "not entirely useful" in this context is that "Accuracy and geocoding level" is the full extent of documentation available that describes the GeoAccuracy_QSAV column.

The AVI User's Guide and Information Server Knowledge Center merely list the the GeoAccuracy_QSAV column name with no description whatsoever. Support's new take on resolving missing documentation these days is to suggest the customer open an request for enhancement. The problem with going that route is that to date, we have not seen any action taken on any RFE.

It would be great if anyone can provide a link to published AVI documentation with the geocoding-related column descriptions.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Yes, I do see your point about the lack of docs on the codes. Let me see what can be done (no promises ;))
Regards,
Robert
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Thank you so much!!
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi all,

I was not able to figure out how to post an attachment here, so I created an entry at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/comm ... c345dd207b

The post reads:
Attached to this post are the output columns for QualityStage Address Verification Interface v10.5 (AVI 10.5).
Also attached is the current country coverage - the accuracy level for each country for both address and geocodes.

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Great! Thanks, Robert.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not supported here.

However, are your attachments images, i.e. something you would be able to include 'inline' with your post? Regardless, you would need to host the files somewhere and there are many free sites to choose from. Then you could use the image or [img] tags to link in any images (gif/jpg/etc) or just directly link to things like the pdf you posted at Developerworks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Excellent information!
nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvalia »

Robert, is this Add-On Module Free to install or is there a cost to get it?
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

AVI is an extra-cost option for QualityStage.

I hope that helps!
Robert
Regards,
Robert