USNAME clarification

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dj
Participant

Post by dj »

Sorry for the typo is CANAME Canada Name Ruleset.

*Pattern for I records which are getting stamped as 'O' are
++ :MARLEE FELBERBAUM
++ :FERNAND GERMAIN
+F :RICAHRD PARIS

*In Canada Name ruleset - we have added the unhandled patterns for Rejean -+I+ . Are there any steps/rules needed to be done to populate other columns in standardization rule.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

You can use an input or unhandled override to make ++ and +F go to First and Primary (Last) names. No gender will be assigned. How would YOU assign gender based on a generic ++? :D

You can also add the first names to the classification table as class F, and then add them to the CAFIRSTN table to assign the gender (look and an obvious example like 'ROBERT' 8) for an example.
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe also an input text override to pick up the RICAHRD token and replace it with RICHARD as its standardized form?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

If you have your I and O records split into 2 streams as you suggested earlier, the STAN stage the I records are sent to should probably be set to Default to Individual and the STAN for the O stream should be set to Default to Organisation.

Then I records with + + would be handled by default as FirstName LastName.
dj
Participant

Post by dj »

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Even though ++ is "I" record and handled separately in "I" stream defaulting to individual- after STAN it has populated it as "O" and FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME getting populated to same Primary Name field.

Hence now we have handled in the Input Pattern.

Does these rule sets files also gets updates (similar to other reference files)from IBM or they are static? As we are customizing it will there sync issues between the versions.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Supplied rule sets are static (though may be improved in higher versions of QualityStage). They can be modified only through the override mechanism. Alternately you can take a copy of the supplied rule set and modify the copy to your heart's content.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.