How to communicate rule analysis results

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

How to communicate rule analysis results

Post by truenorth »

In v8.7, after running rules. what are the options to distribute the results, i.e., how is the list of rule violations communicated to business? What are the best practices?

Thanks in advance.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The usual way is via the results file, where the rule has been configured to output records that do not match.

In your future (higher versions) are automatic capturing of exceptions, storage of these into an exceptions database, and governance (including business process management) over the handling of exceptions.

You can also publish many of the eighty or so canned reports out of Information Analyzer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, Ray. I'm more interested in the format the results are disseminated. PDF? HTML? CSV? How about creating user accounts to business and having them log in to IA and see the results for themselves?

Advantages/disadvantages of each method?
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One of my current customers is still on 8.5. They use CSV exclusively, because Excel is the analytic tool of choice in that organization!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Not a bad choice. In fact, my project has used it in the past. I'm just looking for other good alternatives.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

We ended up with .csv files. I now use DataStage and its Data Rule stage to produce the output. DataStage is way more powerful, less resource-hungry, faster, and parameterized!
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX