Data Type Conversion - Ora to NZ - Using RCP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jweir
Participant

Data Type Conversion - Ora to NZ - Using RCP

Post by jweir »

Hi all,

I have a job that uses a file to provision Oracle tables into Netezza tables. Below is the simple job set-up:

Code: Select all

Oracle Connector --->  Netezza Connector
I am using RCP and selecting all data from the Oracle source table. In the Netezza connector, we are using the 'Replace' table function.

One of the users is complaining about a data type conversion. It seems if the Oracle data type is NUMERIC(*,0), it converts into DOUBLE in Netezza. The user would like it to be INTEGER.

Is there any way I can specify this conversion without changing my current job layout?

Thanks in advance.
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

One options, that strikes my mind is to create the table prior to loading. And just 'Insert' the record.
While creating the table, convert those Numeric fields to integer.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

How could I convert those columns to Numeric if I do not know which ones I need to convert since I am using RCP?
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Assuming you are doing a "SELECT * FROM {TableName}" in your source, could you perhaps create a view of the physical table with the appropriate CAST statement for those numeric columns and use the view instead? That would at least keep you from having to change the job.