Failed to distribute component

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Failed to distribute component

Post by kumar_s »

Its just couple of years short to meet a decade with this post :)

Unfortunately, the OP has marked the post as Resolved without posting the solution.

Iam getting the same Error with a Data Quality Standardize sage.
Failed to distribute component "/Project/USADDR.SET" to node "Node1"
Failed to distribute component "/Project/USADDR.DCT" to node "Node1"
Failed to distribute component "/Project/USADDR.ITO" to node "Node1"
etc
Filesystem, memory and CPU seems to be normal. I have monitored during the run time too.

Any other pointers on this?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your problem = your post, linked back to the other poster's issue. Only thing was I couldn't find a post you'd started in years so guessed on the particulars. Feel free to edit the post to adjust the version, etc. if needed.

Now, as to the problem... Consistent? Intermittent? Used to work and then stopped? Never worked? That would seem to me to be a key piece of information needed to help trouble-shoot this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that you have password-less rsh configured correctly if Node1 is remote.

Check that the USADDR rule set has been provisioned, if you have made any overrides, etc., to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Thanks for the Hits.

Looks like IBM has workaround for any thing!!

QualityStage has introduced an environment variable QSM_DISABLE_DISTRIBUTE_COMPONENT to turn off the distribute-component
call when the project folder is shared by all compute nodes. set this environment variable to 1/true in this job or at the Project level.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'