Regarding Information Analyzer

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arvind_ds
Participant

Regarding Information Analyzer

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding information analyzer.

Can we use Information Analyzer 9.1.2 to do data profiling on oracle source databases that have Advanced Security/encryption applied to them?

If yes, do we need to do any configuration on information server(AIX) to do this?

Kindly let me know. Thank you.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Theoretically, Information Analyzer works just like any other Oracle client - you have to have the appropriate roles and, if you do, then you can effect queries against the tables. It's that simple. Or should be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We have used DataStage and IA against Oracle with the advanced security, where we require network traffic from Oracle clients to be encrypted. In this scenario, the Oracle client can be configured to support encryption, whereas the bundled ODBC drivers do not support the encryption. Perhaps a newer ODBC driver does or will support it. It just means you must use the Oracle Connector stage and Oracle client connection instead of ODBC, which is better anyway.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius