Glossary "Submit for Approval"

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Glossary "Submit for Approval"

Post by ray.wurlod »

Found in version 11.3.1, possibly exists in earlier versions...

When one has a long list of Terms (let's say 250 or so terms, displayed 50 per page) and wants to submit some from page 5 for approval, they have to be submitted individually and, after each has been submitted, one is returned to the beginning of page 1. :x

So much for productivity.

This is true whether one is in the browse window, the Drafts window, or any search result.

Please return to the same place in the list as the term that was submitted was located.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I simulated a small test of this in IGC 11.3.1 with RU8, with workflow enabled, using Firefox.

Under the list options, I can choose to view 10, 50, or 100 at a time. Choosing 100 at a time may help with productivity.

In the Glossary Development, menu: Glossary -> Development: Draft Assets view: on a given page, I can select "This Page" and pick and further select or deselect assets, then click the "Send for Approval" button. It sends all selected assets for approval at once. I did not find that I had to send each one for approval individually.

It does bounce me back to page 1 after that. Our number of assets right now is not large, but I can imagine if it were, that this would be somewhat of an annoyance.

I found the behaviors are the same from the Assets Pending Approval view, with making multiple asset selections, clicking "Approve" (approves the group) and getting returned to page 1.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's true that they don't have to be submitted individually from the Drafts, Awaiting Approval or Approved pages, but it is true that they have to be submitted individually from the Browse Terms or Browse Categories pages.

I used the same strategy mentioned by qt_ky, but working backwards from highest page number to lowest (since the items are moved out of the Drafts, Awaiting Approval or Approved folders on successful submission).

I also used a modified date filter to gain some productivity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.