Migration of Datastage Server 8.1 to Datastage Server 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saratha14
Participant

Migration of Datastage Server 8.1 to Datastage Server 8.5

Post by saratha14 »

Hello Everyone,

We are planning for a migration of Server jobs from Datastage Server 8.1 to Datastage Server 8.5 Server. I was collecting data points related to this migration. I've searched through forums and touchbased with IBM on the migration.

Meanwhile, I would like to get few inputs,suggestions and best practices from the DSxchange community.

Please let me know the major challenges/architectural differences/points to be noted/best practices available.

Thanks in advance.

Saranraj Santhanam.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is there any particular reason you aren't upgrading to something more... recent?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
saratha14
Participant

Post by saratha14 »

Yes Chulett.

IBM Datastage Version was installed along with Oracle EPM Peoplesoft 9.1 and it does not support versions higher than 8.5 at the moment. As the Version 8.1 EOS by April month end, We are trying to finish the upgrade before April.
saratha14
Participant

Issue Resolved

Post by saratha14 »

Hello Everyone,

The installation of 8.5 server edition (Fix Pack 3) completed. We were able to migrate the 8.1 components and the jobs are running successfully without any issues. Hashed files and other stages are working fine. I could say, you can just import the dsx files from 8.1 into 8.5 and it just work fine.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As it should be. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers