Datastage 9.1.2 Connector Stage Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maya singh
Participant

Datastage 9.1.2 Connector Stage Issue

Post by maya singh »

We are using below Sql in a connector stage:

SELECT user_identifier FROM user_table WHERE (user_identifier = ? );

It gives following warnings and errors:

- Unable to determine association between statement parameters and table columns. The connector will not be able to obtain external schema and only limited schema reconciliation will be performed

- Fatal error -- Exception thrown from CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeSelect, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 1554: ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = 07002: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC SQL Server Legacy Driver]COUNT field incorrect

Any Suggestions :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Details please. Which connector stage is this? Is this actually a Server job or is it a Parallel job? I can make an educated guess from the error message but always best to post specifics.

Also, that SQL doesn't make much sense to me at first glance as you seem to be selecting the same value you already have in the parameter you are binding in... are you sure that is correct?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Thanks for responding... Below are some details:
Recently we migrated from 7.5 to 9.1.2 version. We were testing to convert the ODBC stages that we have used in 7.5 to ODBC connector Stage in 9.1.2. So we have migrated and converted using connector migration tool.Now the current serverjob has ODBC connector stage instead of ODBC stage that we have used in 7.5. It is a server job.The sql that we have used in ODBC stage in 7.5 before migration was:
SELECT SM.user_identifier FROM user_table SM WHERE (SM.user_identifier = ?);
After migration to ODBC connector Stage --- it is :
SELECT SM.user_identifier FROM user_table SM WHERE (SM.user_identifier = orchestrate.user_identifier);

Thanks
Maya
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It's not a very common error. You can tell that by searching.

Does the stage have a corresponding column defined?

A wild guess would be that the newer 9.1.2 version ships with newer ODBC drivers. Do the newer drivers still support the database?

Here's a similar error but not much else in common:

viewtopic.php?t=145317
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Thanks for responding. I am sure it is not a common error. The thing is I am getting this arror in all the jobs that are using transformer stage.The one that are simply extracting records from database and writing on a sequential file , is running fine. Currently I am working on the jobs that are using transformer stage to write data from database to the sequential file and this error is showing up in all the server jobs.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would involve your official support provider, if you haven't already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Also I just wanted to add that we have 7.1 Datadirect drivers installed. The drivers does not seem to be an issue. Yes, I will followup with my team to involve IBM support provider for this issue...

If you have any suggestions/ recommendation other than this, please discuss. Thanks.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

RowGen->Transformer->Peek

dummy up a job with the above.

That will tell you if your statement of "Only jobs with transformers are failing" is true.

If the above is true (failing), then it also has nothing to do with your odbc drivers.

I would check compiler settings in Administrator.

Does it fail on compile?

In your existing environment...

Did you import jobs with executables or did you compile them in that environment?

Does a "View Data" work against that table via the connector stage?

How did you load the column types for this job? Imported or manually entered?
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Thanks for responding.

- I will test and try as said.
- No the job does not fail on compilation.
- Regarding the view data - I am able to view data but there is one issue there in some jobs which I will describe with an example.
- I have imported the column types by loading them (NOT Manually)

Thanks!
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

- Also we compile the jobs in the environment...
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Paul,

Do you want me to test this in parallel job? I can try .. Also just an FYI, that we are using Server Jobs ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use a Transformer stage in a server job as a row generator. Make sure it has something to do (e.g. evaluate a stage variable), and constrain the output link with something like @OUTROWNUM <= 10000.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
maya singh
Participant

Post by maya singh »

Thanks for responding and clarifying .. I will try and test it.

- Maya
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Bump.

Maya, I'm seeing something simular in my environment.

Did you ever get your issue resolved and if so, what was done?