ABAP Extract Stage Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rinky0707
Participant

ABAP Extract Stage Issue

Post by rinky0707 »

Hi,

I have a job in DS 8.1 which is using ABAP Extract Stage as source and outputs it to a Dataset. This job accepts start date and end date as parameters and based on these dates the job returns the records. The job is working as expected.
I have got the same job in DS 9.1 but here it always returns the same number of records and the start date and end date are being used in the ABAP Code it seems. I mean, doesnt matter what dates I am providing, it always returns the same number of records.
I have DEV and QA in 8.1 which is fine. I have 9.1 DEV which is fine but the problem is only in 9.1 QA. I have many other jobs and they all work as expected. Problem is only with this one job.

I have compared the ABAP Code as well after saving it to a text file and the code in all the 4 environment is same.

I got the below in IBM Help-
"DataStage jobs that use the ABAP Extract CPI-C data transfer method and contains job parameters does not return data from Unicode SAP R/3 systems running on Intel x86 processors. Another ABAP job that did not use job parameters ran successfully and returned the expected data.
Resolving the problem
This resolution is only valid when SAP Server resides on a system with an Intel x86 processor.
Two alternatives to correct the problem:
Create a new user defined environment variable called SAPIsOnWin and set it equal to 1 in DataStage Administrator for all projects that connect to the SAP server."

My Job has the Start Date and End Date job parameters. I added the ENV VAR SAPIsOnWin =1 but after still no luck.

Can anyone please help me on this.
Rinky Agarwal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I really have no idea about ABAP, however... is your SAP server in fact running on an Intel x86 (i.e. Windows) machine? IBM states that there are 'two alternatives' and then you've only posted one, what is the other?

For grins, when it returns 'the same number of records' in your 9.1 QA environment, is it returning all records or something else?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

Thanks for the reply
SAP Server is on an Intel x86. I just got it checked with SAP guys.

Two alternatives to correct the problem:
Create a new user defined environment variable called SAPIsOnWin and set it equal to 1 in DataStage Administrator for all projects that connect to the SAP server.

OR
Add the environment variable SAPIsOnWin
On Unix/Linux add the environment variable to the dsenv. For example:
SAPIsOnWin=1;export SAPIsOnWin
On Windows add SAPIsOnWin as a system environment variable with a value of 1.
Rinky Agarwal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, so only one real answer but two 'alternatives' on how to set it.

How about answering the last question?
-craig

rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

ohh Sorry... I missed that.
I run using different dates and every time it returns the same count which is the total count of the tables.
Rinky Agarwal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm assuming you let IBM know that their 'fix' didn't help... yes?
-craig

rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

I did some changes like generating the ABAP code again and the job started working fine. Not sure whether the IBM's fix worked or something else. :D :D
Rinky Agarwal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good? Good! :wink:
-craig