How to export using ISDImportExport.sh using -omitPassword

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

iShoreETL
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to export using ISDImportExport.sh using -omitPassword

Post by iShoreETL »

I am trying to export a runtime application using -omitPassword.
Here is my scenario;
- Have a ISD service job with DB_connection and DB_password values are setup in user environment variable and those parms are set to $PROJDEF in Job Properties Parm of the job.
- When the job is deployed in Development, of course the password is resolved at the deployment and becomes part of the object (encrypted of course).
- Now I want to export the same deployed service and import into TEST box without the password since the DB_password is different between DEV and TEST. I use the following command to export and create .dat file
.ISDImportExport.sh -action runtimeexport -user <myusername> -password <mypassword> -a <someapplication> -omitPassword -output someapplication.dat
- When browse the someapplication.dat, it still has the encrypted password in the file
- I cannot deploy the .dat file to TEST because it fails with password incorrect error msg.
- I need the .dat file withtout the password so that I add the TEST password to .dat file using ISDAdmin.sh -action update before deploying it to TEST

What am I missing in building my ISDImportExport.sh command?
iShoreETL
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You noted that you cannot "deploy" it in the TEST environment, because of course it fails.....but if it imports correctly, you should then be able to disable it via isdadmin command, and also zap the appropriate Job parameter by isdadmin and then enable (also using isdadmin).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>