Send mail Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rinky0707
Participant

Send mail Error

Post by rinky0707 »

Hi Folks,

I have a very simple Sequence job which use to run fine till a couple of days back. But the same is throwing the below error now. For testing purpose I just checked and the job runs fine if I remove the Notification Activity Stage from the job.

sendmail: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for ::1

The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server
Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.

Contents of command file:
#! /bin/sh
/usr/lib/sendmail -t <<////
To: abcd@abcd.com
Subject: Sequencer Finished Successfully:' Sequencer Name:':ABCD0400SEQ_PROC_ID

////

Please help if someone has c clue on this.
Rinky Agarwal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd start with your SysAdmin for that server, make sure you don't simply have an issue with sendmail in general from that box. If you can use that sendmail command outside of DataStage but it fails inside it, that would help narrow things down.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did the email actually get sent? Even though you left the SMTP Server field empty in a Notification Activity, every unix machine should be able to act as a mail server. In that case, simply ignore/demote this message. Or provide the UNIX host name (probably from an environment variable job parameter) in the SMTP Server field of the Notification Activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Correct, that 'the following parameters were not mentioned' message can be ignored on a UNIX server. The fatal one, however, cannot.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers