Error : Unix command for "repUnkownUTF8" + DataSta

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rinky0707
Participant

Error : Unix command for "repUnkownUTF8" + DataSta

Post by rinky0707 »

Hello Everyone,

We are migrating the jobs from 8.1 to 9.1. In one applications, the jobs ran fine in Development Environment but after moving them to QA, some specific Jobs are throwing below error -

"main_program: PATH search failure:"
"main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "repUnkownUTF8"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers"

Please help if anyone has a clue on this.

The job design contains dataset as source and it has Shared Container, Transformer, Teradata and Copy Stages.

Thanks.
Rinky Agarwal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Check that the PATH environment variable is set appropriately in the new environment, by comparing with the old environment.

PATH is typically finally set in the $DSHOME/dsenv script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

Thanks for the reply Ray.
I have checked the dsenv files in both the environments and they are similar. Below is what I have. I have compared LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well and they too are similar. I tried searching the file repUnkownUTF8 in both the environments. There are a couple of files in DEV ENV (older ENV that works fine) but there are no such files in QA ENV (Newer ENV that doesnt work)-

DEV-
[dsadm@dlexrksdstg01 ~]$ locate repUnkownUTF8
/home/dsadm/DataStage/Projects/cpdb/buildop/repUnkownUTF8.C
/home/dsadm/DataStage/Projects/cpdb/buildop/repUnkownUTF8.h
/home/dsadm/DataStage/Projects/cpdb/buildop/repUnkownUTF8.opd
/home/dsadm/DataStage/Projects/cpdb/buildop/repUnkownUTF8.opd.sh
/home/dsadm/DataStage/Projects/cpdb/buildop/repUnkownUTF8.so

QA-
[dsadm@qashrksdstg01 ~]$ locate repUnkownUTF8
[dsadm@qashrksdstg01 ~]$

9.1 DEV
PATH=$PATH:/bin:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$INSTHOME/sqllib/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/cli:$INFORMIXDIR/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/bin:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/bin64:$TWB_ROOT/bin
export PATH

9.1 QA
PATH=$PATH:/bin:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$INSTHOME/sqllib/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql:$INFORMIXDIR/lib/cli:$INFORMIXDIR/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/bin:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/bin64:$TWB_ROOT/bin
export PATH

9.1 DEV
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEngine/lib:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin/classic:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86_64:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/lib:$TWB_ROOT/lib64
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
9.1 QA
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEngine/lib:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin/classic:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86_64:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$TD_HOME/client/14.10/lib:$TWB_ROOT/lib64
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Rinky Agarwal
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Did you migrate the Build Op job to QA? (the repUnkownUTF8 job you guys made.)

Maybe it's just that missing component that you are failing on.
rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

Thank for your response Paul. We have a Custom Stage repUnkownUTF8. After exporting the same to new environment as well we get the same error.
Do I need to bring the files that I mentioned like repUnkownUTF8.C from Old ENV to New ENV. If yes, then which file(s)?
Rinky Agarwal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's impossible for us to know. If you re-compile and re-link in the new environment all required files should be created. Otherwise you will need to research what files are needed on YOUR system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rinky0707
Participant

Post by rinky0707 »

The issue is resolved. There is a custom parallel stage in repUnkownUTF8 which is getting created in the shared container for replacing specific unicode character-set with an ASCII. Associated files need to be generated through the stage in DataStage and then the files will be created in the server.

Thanks all for the help.
Rinky Agarwal