stanName,1: An entry in the classification table is invalid

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

U
Participant

stanName,1: An entry in the classification table is invalid

Post by U »

The error occurred when running a job with a Standardize stage, after 66748 records had been consumed. The rule set is an extension of the AUNAME rule set, with many additional classified tokens.

Is there any way to determine which entry in the classification table is invalid?

No error occurs when using the Test utility in Designer client.

Thank you for your time.

PS I searched DSXchange, but with no luck.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As a first step, create a server job to read ./Quality/ruleset.CLS (using a single VarChar column) and test whether the line has a valid format.

Code: Select all

InLink.Line Matches "1A0A' '1A0A' '1A" Or InLink.Line Matches "1A0A' '1A0A' '1A' '3N"
View the output and ignore the comment and format lines. Anything else has an invalid format (or has quotes around the standardised form). If there are many quoted forms, add to the constraint expression above to accommodate them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Are you sure there are only additional tokens in your ruleset?

What does the error say?

The only times in the past when I've had an error in the job that didn't show up in the test utility, it was an error in the PAT file where the record it fail on has hit a pattern that contains an error.
CLS files get loaded by the test utility on initialisation, and a lot (but maybe not all) errors with the CLS will get flushed out then.

I'd look for the record that caused the error and try it in the test utility.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Can you please provide more detail on the error?
Regards,
Robert
U
Participant

Post by U »

rjdickson wrote:Can you please provide more detail on the error?
Alas, no, the subject is the entire error message.

We implemented Ray's idea and found a couple of entries in the CLS file in which the first column contained a quoted value. Removing these fixed the problem.