Unable to run through Sequencer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

v_bhaskar
Participant

Unable to run through Sequencer

Post by v_bhaskar »

Hi

can any one please help me on below issue

when i trigger job directly ,it's running fine with out any warning
if i trigger through sequencer the job is getting aborted due to below issue .

Upd_STG_MFAINVNMP: DB2 function SQLFetch failed: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = -1,042: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004 (CC_DB2Connection::queryServerHostName, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 2,937)

Thanks in advance
vijay
INDIA
dsetlteam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsetlteam »

Please let us know if there are any parameter values being passed from the sequence to the job and their data types as well
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

hi

we are passing one parameter which contains ( DB connection ) through sequencer .

FYI the same job is running fine in UAT and prod through sequencer

when we passed the same parameter the jobs are running fine

and now only i observed the same issue is coming for all jobs in dev environment

Thanks in advance
vijay
INDIA
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

v_bhaskar wrote:and now only i observed the same issue is coming for all jobs in dev environment
That's an important piece of information. Does it matter what DB2 instance you try to connect to? If it doesn't then I'd suspect that something has gone awry with your DB2 configuration on the ETL server and I'd involve your DBA to help track it down.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

Thanks your information

as for as we are only acting as DBA's we couldn't get how to resolve the issue
vijay
INDIA
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Check all your DB2 path and environment variable settings. Also insure that DB2 can connect via the command line on the server.

In fact, check all Paths and environment variables period - make sure they are identical between the systems.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You didn't answer my question.
-craig

v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

HI ,

i have checked all DB2 and datastage settings and did both the servers down and up . if there is any problem with DB2 connection it should occur while running job indivdually

this issue is occuring at the time of job running through sequencer.
vijay
INDIA
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

How are you triggering the sequence job, do you pass the same value for DB Connection when running the sequence job?

Are you getting any other error message or warning in sequence job or parallel job?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

HI

I am just passing one parameter to sequencer which contains DB connection information

i am not getting any kind warnings other than this issue
vijay
INDIA
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

you seem to be missing the first part of all the questions asked :?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
dsetlteam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsetlteam »

In your job, in the before job sub routine - use Execsh and try to echo the parameter value. Verify if the value has any spaces, extra characters etc.

It could be possible that the connection information is being passed incorrectly by the sequence to the job.

Also, by connection information - Is it a username, password or server name?

If its a password, then verify if there are any special characters used. There could be a possibility that the special character is leading to problem.
v_bhaskar
Participant

Post by v_bhaskar »

HI

i had checked below all things in my job
before job sub routine - use Execsh and try to echo the parameter value. Verify if the value has any spaces, extra characters etc.

but it's help less

onething i observed is when i tried to do some changes ( minor will effect any logic or code ) and compilation in sequencer its working fine.

my project is totally dependent on sequencer it's nearly 100+ is there i cannot go for the above procedure for all same

the same job if i import in UAT it working fine ( earlier also in dev all jobs are worked fine with out any issues) suddenly what happend i am not getting

in one sequencer i pluged nearly 10-15 jobs apart 10-15 only 2-3 jobs are getting aborted due to that issue
vijay
INDIA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at the "job starting" events in the jobs that are getting aborted, and verify whether parameters are being passed correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't really see this as being a parameter issue. Any searches for those two SQL error codes say to "look in the db2diag.log file" to see the actual problem. One such example here where the problem was an inability to allocate memory.
-craig