DataDirect OEM

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataDirect OEM

Post by bobyon »

I've searched but didnt see this error discussed in other posts which surprises me but...

Any idea why this message would suddenly show up between one run of a job and the next? The job ran at 4 am without this warning being displayed then at 10am it spewed these warnings; it appears the warning was given for each record processed.

Code: Select all

Warning:
[IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC Teradata Client driver]The DataDirect product you are attempting to access has been provided to you by IBM CORPORTATION for exclusive use with IBM INFOSERVER.  You are not licensed to use this product with any application other than IBM INFOSERVER.   If you would like to purchase this product for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com 
Bob
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These drivers come with a 30 day initial trial licence that can be used for other things, like BCI Functions in server routines. This message can occur once that 30 days has elapsed, but should not occur if you are using the drivers validly (that is, from ODBC stages).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

First off you can modify the message handler and either downgrade that warning to an information message or suppress that message from appearing in your log - that will get your job running again without filling up the log and running slowly. Second - what has changed start triggering this warning? Has there been any patch or releases to the box? Have a look at the modify date on the .odbc.ini file to see if anyone tweaked the settings. Is it just this job or is it happening in other Teradata ODBC jobs?

I'm surprised you are using ODBC instead of the Teradata Connector which I assume would be faster.