Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

balu536
Premium Member
Premium Member

Query on Quality Stage Address Standardization

Post by balu536 »

Hello Everyone,
Is it possible to cleanse County column through CASS and GAV stages present in QualityStage.

Till date, we were cleansing Address, State, Zip, Country etc fields through these services. Just wanted to know whether COUNTY can also be cleansed or not? Please help on this.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Depends on what you mean by 'cleanse'. There is a COUNTRY rule set that will produce an ISO 2 and 3 country code based on the input country. This rule does not cover all countries, but it is an ok start.

If that is not what you are looking for, then can you provide some examples of input and desired output?
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You'll need to check whether CASS includes COUNTY. (Being in Australia I don't use CASS all that much!).

Very few countries in the world divide their land by county, so I'd guess that GAV won't help here at all. But I'd be happy to be corrected on that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Wow - I need QualityStage. I inserted an 'R' in COUNTY....

Let me try again....

USAC (aka CASS) does not output County codes. Reference: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... _file.html

AVI does output a 'SubAdminstrativeArea' that could be a county (depending on the country [see - I remembered the R there ;)]). Ref: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... tcols.html
Regards,
Robert