Error while running SP in 8.5 version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhanuvlakshmi
Participant

Error while running SP in 8.5 version

Post by bhanuvlakshmi »

HI I have one migration project from 8.1 version to 8.5 Version. In that project one to the job is used to trigger Sp from SQL Server 2005. It was woring fine in the 8.1 version and DB as well. The purpose of the SP is to populate the staging area data to target tables. The target tables are having the primary and foriegn key constraints while the staging area is not. In 8.5 it is not woring and throwing the error as :

Conversion failed when converting character string to smalldatetime data type., Error Procedure: ETLClm, Error Line: 118. Please help me .. how to resolve this..

I tried both in server and parallel jobs in 8.5 still getting the error where as the same code is working fine in 8.1 version.
Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
Which stored procedure is this...source,target or transform.
bhanuvlakshmi
Participant

Post by bhanuvlakshmi »

When i tried in parallel job i used Transform type.

When tried in server job i used T/F stage as input and ODBC stage as output stage and there i choose the option stored procedure and gave the exec command in the Enter SQL tab.
Thanks & Regards,
Bhanu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Let's get you into the proper forum... not really a "FAQ Discussion" post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Try to manully run the procedure and check if it is working fine.I thing your procedure is failing due to data type issue.