IBM WebSphere MQ Dependencies

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

IBM WebSphere MQ Dependencies

Post by narasimha »

Hello All,

Its time for us to renew our support renewal and to save some money, I want to propose we don't renew "IBM WebSphere MQ" support, because we have never used it and have no plans on using it in future.
Before I have the plug pulled on it, I wanted to check if there are any downstream impact.

Please share your thoughts
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only your enterprise can answer that. Why did they buy the licence in the first place? What are their plans? We are not privy to them, so can't advise you cogently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Ray - I agree. I was not a part of the initial decision to buy this component and the people who made this decision no longer work for the company.
Now I have the ability to either renew or not renew the support for this component.

This was more a general question; independent of any enterprise.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're the manager responsible for making the keep/no keep decision, make it. If you're not, find out who is, and ask about plans for MQ. If there are none, don't renew. You (they) can always buy again later.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Yes, I am the manager having to make this decision now. Thanks Ray for your inputs on this.
Narasimha Kade

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I support your "no" decision 100%. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Greetings Craig :)
I have reached out the IBM folks as well; Just to be safe.
Narasimha Kade