XML stage gets "Parallel job reports failure (code 11)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mach1MW
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML stage gets "Parallel job reports failure (code 11)

Post by Mach1MW »

I am executing a parallel job that contains an XML stage. The job fails with message "Parallel job reports failure (code 11)." There are no other error messages.

In previous testing I had had errors on the earlier stages, which I had fixed. So, I am pretty sure that the error is happening in the XML stage.

How should I proceed?
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Can you please check your APT config file and also please check you have all the permission for all the folders?

Are you using XML input stage or output stage?

Thanks
Man
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code 11 (signal 11) is a SIGSEGV, or segmentation violation. Looks like you've had a memory issue.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

...and if it's a memory issue, then start looking at things like:

a. does it only fail with "this" particular xml document? (is it big?)
b. does it fail with ANY document? (even tiny ones)
c. if it's just "this" document, how big is it? anything special about it? particular nodes?
d. does the xml stage in question work with "this" document when it is not in combination with other stages?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Mach1MW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mach1MW »

In answer to your questions:
1) I have tried a couple different APT config files; here is the latest run:
$APT_CONFIG_FILE = /opt/IBM/InformationServer/iis8/Server/Configurations/mach1-1NodeAll01.apt
==========================================================
/* 2 nodes on on the primary node in the cluster */

{

node "node1"

{

fastname "arletld01.ecorp.cat.com"

pools ""

resource disk "/project_data/mach1_dev_n1/Datasets"

{pools ""}

resource scratchdisk "/scratch"
{pools ""}

}

}

2) I am not able to check the permission on the folders; however, I have run other jobs in this environment without getting permission errors.

3) I am using the new XML stage that came with DataStage 8.5. In the Assembly Editor, I have defined steps Input, Switch, HJoin, HJoin_1, Regroup, Switch_1, and XML_Composer. Input Step has two input links. And there's a lot more details that you may not care about.
Mach1MW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mach1MW »

As one of you suggested, I have worked on splitting my job into a couple smaller jobs: one with a date transformer and one with the XML stage. I found that the (code 11) problem followed the date transformer. Then, I noticed that my job had an environment parameter $APT_MAX_DELIMITED_READ_SIZE with no value. When, I supplied a value for this parameter, the (code 11) fatal went away.