CFF - Level 88

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

CFF - Level 88

Post by dsuser_cai »

Hi

I have a DB2 stored procedure that i need to call from DataStage.

It has 2 parameters (1 input - 150 char length and 1output - 29500 length).

I checked the copy book and I see records with level 88. Also when I call the SP from DataStage, I can see only the first few characters (its the point before the 'OCCURS' statement starts). Anything after that is just spaces.

When the mainframe team calls the stored procedure with the same parameters (as i use) they are able to see the entire output.... Im afraid in going wrong somewhere... can somebody help me with this. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks
Karthick
Thanks
Karthick
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I for one am a little confused here... why are we mixing database terms like DB2 and stored procedure with CFF, copy book and 88 levels, which are COBOL related? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Level 88 is working storage. It should not be exposed to ETL tools or, if it is, it should be ignored by them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.