DS 8.5 (FP1) and TD 13.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DS 8.5 (FP1) and TD 13.1

Post by chulett »

iHijazi wrote:Please advise ASAP, this is Urgent and Critical Case, and we may need to raise an urgent PMR if required. Client is really disappointed of this whole 8.5 version.
Then it would seem the "urgent PMR" is in order and I would advise you to make sure the message in the last sentence is communicated to them as well.

You may get lucky and have someone with both 8.5 and "TD" experience in this issue wander by but I wouldn't rely on it. Also keep in mind that it is a Sunday in the states so that cuts out a portion of the traffic.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iHijazi
Participant

Post by iHijazi »

*sigh* This makes me sad craig, and makes my day tomorrow very predictable!

Not that not only luck you need to get some real help from IBM, but also LOTS of time.. They'll start asking for logs, then "Oh, no we need also to make sure of that .. can you please send us..".. Then someone comes up and ask you to remove and reinstall everything, and when you do and it still doesn't work, he remembers that this is not compatible with 64-bit and that you need a 32-bit.... Been, done!

Hopefully some peeps out here might have a clue, or something like a clue.

Cheers.
Not only thoughts, but a little bit of experience.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I know, I know... but sometimes that's what you'll have to do. Maybe you'll get lucky and there's a patch that will fix things right up for you. One can always hope. :wink:

In the meantime, gets your ducks in a row - logs, job exports, data dumps, whatever you think might help or they might ask for. Good luck.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
iHijazi
Participant

Post by iHijazi »

As expected.. Logs, try to run this manually.. Blah blah..

Had to find the hard way, happy it got resolved.

Solution:
1. Rename (to anything, for backup purposes) telapi.dll, telapi.lib and msvcp71.dll in the bin directory of the Teradata Parallel Transport\bin (in the Teradata Client Installation)
2. Then copy from the bin\vc7 three files to the bin directory: telapi.dll, telapi.lib and msvcp71.dll.

Compile your job, run it and smile.

Hope this saves someones day, or week :)

Cheers.
iHijazi
Participant

Post by iHijazi »

Another solution:

Use Teradata Transporter 12 libraries, that is, by pointing to 12 folder of Transporter. ONLY transporter.

This workaround has been accepted by IBM, since they are still working this issue.

However, they state that 13.1 Client should be fine with 13.1 Server. Certified.

This, I'm going to confirm in the next few days.

Cheers.