Mark Unread

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Mark Unread

Post by ray.wurlod »

I would like the ability to mark a thread as unread, or flag it in some way, so that I can return to it later if I am busy during the "now" that I am reading the new posts on DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Mark unread" is a standard option at every other board that I visit. This is also the only place with two behaviours that irketh me:

1. When you leave the site, everything you haven't read is lost, meaning they show as "read" when next I visit. Everywhere else they stay until I either actually read them or mark the forum(s) as read.

2. If I keep my browser open and visit other sites after being here, when I reopen the site it's as if I never left. The same number of "new since my last visit" posts shows on the home page, everywhere else I come back to it starts over new. Here I have to close my browser to reset things.

Perhaps whenever the new site makes its debut, everything will be wonderful. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers