Migration Information server 8.5

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AlexC
Participant

Migration Information server 8.5

Post by AlexC »

Hello,

I start my migration to Information server 8.5.

I downloaded all products, but I should know if it is necessary to install all the fix (.ispkg...)

In summary, we are in AIX 5.3 (Oracle for the metadata repository) and we want to migrate fron 7.5.2 to Information server 8.5 (Datastage and Qualitystage at the beginning)

Can you help me about the procedure of migration (order of tasks for the installation) ?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've moved your post to the proper forum.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tcheslav
Participant

Post by tcheslav »

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll also have the Guide to Migrating to IBM InfoSphere Information Server pdf that comes with the product.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You need to review the Install and Upgrade Guide and have a look through the section on topologies for Information Server version 8. You are moving from a two tier architecture to a four tier architecture. Previously you had a DataStage Server and a DataStage client. Now you have a metadata database, a Services Tier mostly running on WebSphere Application Server, a Server tier with the DataStage engine and the client tier. You may need additional RAM or CPU to get the most out of the new applications and functions or you may need to split into two or more servers to separate your DataStage server from your Metadata Server.

Version 8 comes with more software to install but it also comes with more functionality and more products to choose from.