writing from oracle view to a oracle table?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SUMAN CHILUVURI
Premium Member
Premium Member

writing from oracle view to a oracle table?

Post by SUMAN CHILUVURI »

I am loading into a oracle table from a oracle view and i am getting the following wierd error.

TrgCcdbStgAcctWkSalePassThru,3: The system(sqlldr CONTROL=ora.3317770.688603.3.ctl LOG=ora.3317770.688603.3.log BAD=ora.3317770.688603.3.log.bad SILENT=header PARFILE=ora.3317770.688603.3.par) failed; see the log file for the Oracle specific message.

can any one please tell me how i need to trouble shoot this .
suman Datastage Developer
jcthornton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jcthornton »

There will be a log directory in your system with the name 'ora.3317770.688603.3.log.bad' The location is dependent upon your system setup.

Find this file and look at it. It is a text file, so you can use your favorite editor (or just use 'cat' or 'more' or 'less') to view the contents and find the specific oracle error.

If the error does not make sense, use google or the oracle support site for more assistance.
Jack Thornton
----------------
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation - Robert H. Schuller
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check on your scratchdisk for the "bad" file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.