Data Quality Dashboard

This forum is in support of all issues about Data Quality regarding DataStage and other strategies.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Data Quality Dashboard

Post by ray.wurlod »

My company is unveiling a DQ Dashboard solution next week. You can view a press release here - we're trying to make DQ less a theoretical and more a practical issue, by putting the value/cost of data quality onto managers' dashboards.

For more information please visit Zenith Solutions website.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Does it integrate with Information Analyzer DQ rules?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Would have to verify that - can certainly use the data rule metrics on the dashboard, but I suspect that the individual rules might be too fine a granularity for a dashboard. It would certainly be possible but, I suspect, "too much information" for the management level at which we're aiming this initially.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have checked with "them" (the ones who put it together) to learn that granularity is not a problem provided that the rule definition, derived data rules or rule sets are all available in the common metadata repository. While not in the demo for next week's conference, it should be possible to drill through from a metric to the underlying data rule or rule set and beyond. I suspect that this piece remains to be tested, however.