Tutorial lessons for IBM WTX (Yes, I am a licensed user)

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Jammerules
Participant

Tutorial lessons for IBM WTX (Yes, I am a licensed user)

Post by Jammerules »

Hello folks,

I am noob to WTX and happened to stumble on this forum while searching for any WTX tutorial sites/blog/forums. That being said, I have a licensed version of IBM WTX software (actually my company does and is in the process of hiring a tutor for its future WTX employees :roll: ). I read some of your and your collegues responses in this thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=112243&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and was wondering since it is "illegal" to distribute training material, how about for people that have licenses. Where can one find the tutorials/lesson that came in the box? Please help me find it.

Thanks bunches!
Do unto others what you would like to do unto you!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

First, please don't send private emails with exactly the same question as you've posted. It wastes our time, which is annoying.

WTX is now in a completely different brand within IBM, so we're not really au fait with it any more. However, I suspect that redistributing training or any other IBM intellectual property outside the licence-owner's organization would be illegal.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I think he is asking where to get the training NOT how to get around with the training material :)

Regards
Sreeni
Jammerules
Participant

Post by Jammerules »

ray.wurlod wrote:First, please don't send private emails with exactly the same question as you've posted. It wastes our time, which is annoying.
Thanks. Point taken.
ray.wurlod wrote:However, I suspect that redistributing training or any other IBM intellectual property outside the licence-owner's organization would be illegal.
Sorry but if my question earlier was confusing, I will rephrase. "I have a LICENSED version of WTX". I am not asking for redistribution of training material illegally. That said, is there any place within the installed version that I could find any lessons/examples?
Jammerules
Participant

Post by Jammerules »

Sreenivasulu wrote:I think he is asking where to get the training NOT how to get around with the training material :)

Regards
Sreeni
Wow...seriously???! Is my question so twisted and confusing? Or are you guys just making fun of it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe I misunderstood the question. I don't know where the tutorial material is, but it usually comes with the installation software. It may also be downloadable from the IBM web site, or available through your reseller.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The linked post seemed to say while the tutorials did indeed come with the product in the past, that no longer seems to be the case. Hopefully someone current on the product could confirm or deny. Or as Ray noted they may be available through 'normal' channels.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Jammerules
Participant

Post by Jammerules »

chulett wrote:The linked post seemed to say while the tutorials did indeed come with the product in the past, that no longer seems to be the case. Hopefully someone current on the product could confirm or deny. Or as Ray noted they may be available through 'normal' channels.
May I dare ask what the "normal" channels are?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:It may also be downloadable from the IBM web site, or available through your reseller.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Jammerules
Participant

Post by Jammerules »

chulett wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:It may also be downloadable from the IBM web site, or available through your reseller.
Thank you Ray and Chulett!