I WANT TO SEND SYSDATE AS PARAMETER,SO WHAT COMMAND I SHOULD

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smahendra_s
Participant

I WANT TO SEND SYSDATE AS PARAMETER,SO WHAT COMMAND I SHOULD

Post by smahendra_s »

I WANT TO SEND SYSDATE AS PARAMETER,SO WHAT COMMAND I SHOULD USE TO CALL SYSDATE?

pls replay

Tnks n advance
Regards
Mahendra
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Three admonishments:

1. Always post in the correct forum. The one you chose is to suggest ideas for formal FAQ articles. If this is a DataStage question, post either in the Server job forum or the Enterprise Edition (parallel job) forum or, if you are not sure of the job type, in the General forum.

2. Do not use all capitals. This is bad "netiquette" and is considered "shouting", which is offensive.

3. Always choose meaningful subjects. "HI" does not help anyone searching for answers in future

Two more admonishments:

4. Do not start new threads when "Reply to Topic" on the original topic is the more appropriate thing to do. The database is big enough as it is!

5. Do not demand responses. DSXchange is an all-volunteer forum, whose members post as, when and if they can. This is particularly the case on weekends, when most of us are actually attending to a good work/life balance.

Bonus admonishment:

6. Please strive for a professional standard of written English, paying attention to spelling and grammar. Many of our members do not have English as their first language, so misspellings and SMS-style abbreviations only make their understanding more difficult.

At some time a moderator will move your thread to a more appropriate forum. You might aid that process by posting here (use Reply) to indicate what job type and what software version you are using.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... and here we are off in our new home, with both errant posts and their accompanying admonishments combined. Since we're talking parameters and probably Sequence jobs and / or command line stuffs, seemed like here would be as good a place as any.

smahendra_s - please go back and edit your post here to add your particulars, primarily O/S and version, which could help in getting your problem solved. Worst case you could tone down all the shouting.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Assming you're assigning a job parameter value in a job activity in a sequence job, then you need to obtain the system date (either as the system variable @DATE or function Date()) and convert it to your required format.

Code: Select all

Oconv(@DATE, "D-YMD[4,2,2]")
If you require a timestamp format, then you need to build that.

Code: Select all

Oconv(@DATE, "D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Oconv(@TIME, "MTS")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.