example for sqlsrvrwrite function

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

navya123
Participant

example for sqlsrvrwrite function

Post by navya123 »

hi all,
how can I insert a row into sqlserver table from a ds job using the function sqlsrvrwrite can any body give an example for that
thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. Can you please edit your first post and let us know your Release, Job Type and OS? Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
navya123
Participant

Post by navya123 »

chulett wrote:Welcome. Can you please edit your first post and let us know your Release, Job Type and OS? Thanks.
it is DS 8.2 parallel job and windows operating sys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, so much for the you edit part... I'll take care of that now. And just so you know, there's no such release as "8.2", they went straight from 8.1 to 8.5.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As to your question, I'm curious how you would handle this outside of DataStage? And I'm also wondering what is the goal here and why you'd need to do such a thing in an ETL tool? From a quick google:

SqlServerWriter: The SqlServerWriter writer is a VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) Writer for SQL Server. SqlServerWriter is included with SQL Server 2005. SqlServerWriter only works with instances of SQL Server 2005.
-craig