Which is latest version of Datastage

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Which is latest version of Datastage

Post by just4geeks »

Hi,

I am just curious to know which is latest version of Datastage.

The latest I worked on is Datastage 8.0.1 ( IBM Information server 8.0.1).
There is some talk about Datastage 8.1 and even 8.2 in this forum. I searched on IBM website but could not gather any information. Where can I get information about latest versions if any.

Thanks in advance!
Attitude is everything....
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

We are still on 8.0.1 though check my blog post Get your fix pack for IBM Information Server 8.0.1 on all platforms.

Release 8.1 products such as the deployment tool and the optimizer have been demoed since the IOD conference last October but we still don't have a release date. It should be just a couple months away.

Some metadata products are being released between major releases and you can get FastTrack and the Business Glossary Anywhere tool right now.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Thanks a lot!

I have already applied fix pack 1a to Information server 8.0.1. and your post helped me a lot!
but recently I got a call from a company looking for guys with experience in Information Server 8.0.2 which took me by surprise. also please look at this post where people talk about upgrade from Datastage 7.5 to WTX 8.1 and 8.2. So I am just curious.

viewtopic.php?p=283187&sid=b3c8b67ed5eb ... 4cd#283187

btw what is WTX?

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WTX = WebSphere Transformation extender, which is the successor to DataStage TX.

It is no longer a direct part of the DataStage family of products, and therefore is separately versioned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Thanks Ray!

So Can I mark this thread 'Resolved' by concluding that as of today, the latest Datastage version is IBM Information Server 8.0.1 with Fix Pack1a?

Thanks !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I am not certain. There may be an 8.0.2 for some platforms. Check the IBM website or your account rep for up to date details.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

Latest version of WTX is 8.2.0.1 build 16. There is supposed to be a new service pack at the end of May.
Since this is the datastage tx - now WTX - forum I don't think the previous posts are relevant and should be in a different forum.
KHY
Participant

Post by KHY »

Version: 8.2.0.2
Build id: 52
is the current version of WTX .(Websphere transformation extender)
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

There's an intfix01 file to go on top of this release.
jack_125
Participant

Post by jack_125 »

Well Currently I am working on the latest version and it's 8.5.
JackSh
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Jack - you are replying to a two year old thread. At the time the information was correct.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020