Profile functions selectable

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Brett
Participant

Profile functions selectable

Post by Brett »

For Information Analyzer - I would really like to be able to limit profiling actions by column - in the simple example of maybe only wanting length and null-ability for a free text string and wishing to omit processing this column for frequency or pattern analysis. I understand that columns can be excluded completely by views or virtual tables - but not partially processed - although of course I may be mistaken :?:

Regards Brett.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hmm. Most of these inferred characteristics are taken from the frequency distributions, which would have to be done anyway, so I don't think you'd save much processing time. You can, of course, ignore those tabs on the Column Analysis details screen. Or cheat, with "Mark All Reviewed"!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.