Null response from WebService

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kaps
Participant

Null response from WebService

Post by kaps »

We have a small job where we are trying to call the Web service. It's a sample webservice which is going to pass the request as response meaning if I pass a string it should return the same string.

Job design is as follows...

Seq File---->Transformer----->WSTransformer---->Seq File

Input seq file has 3 records like below.

"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?>
<ns2:repeatResponse xmlns:ns2=""model.activityConditionPlace.physiciansmutual.com/EventManagementService""><aString>Input value :null</aString></ns2:repeatResponse>"

"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?>
<ns2:repeatResponse xmlns:ns2=""model.activityConditionPlace.physiciansmutual.com/EventManagementService""><aString>Input value :null</aString></ns2:repeatResponse>"
My question is that why am I not getting the values back. In Output Message of Output option I checked the user defined message option and mapped the output field to that. I did not do anything on the input message though.

Job runs without errors but I am not seeing the value.

Any input is appreciated.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

That means your WSTransformer stage to call the Web Service simply didn't work correctly.
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Can anyone tell me what am I missing ? Is someone can tell me what are the stpes to call a webservice ?

I have a documentation which I followed and apparently it does not work it seems. Job does not fail but I am not getting the response correctly.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Are you reading the WSPACK_Designer.pdf? It has all the information on how to call a Web Service.
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Yes. I read the same. We made some progress. There was a problem with Webservice and I also added a trasformer before and after WSTransform stage. I mapped the input field to in and output field to out field in the transformers.

Now my question is how do we pass more than one field to web service as we only have drop down box which allows us to select only one.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This depends on the WSDL that you have.....for simple, scalar type, single row in, single row out web services (which is the type that WSTransformer supports without customization), the "input" to the web service is exactly what is defined as the individual parameters that make up the input message (the input message parts) of your service.

These are the columns that are part of the _IN table definition.....if you only have one column in that table def, then there is only one "field" for input...that field, however, might need to have its own internal structure.

You need to find someone who is intimate with the service....you need to know EXACTLY what it expects to receive. Perhaps it wants a complete row of data with delimiters, or an xml document, or pipe delimited (etc.)......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>