Questions to ask on a splash screen when creating a job.

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Ultramundane
Participant

Questions to ask on a splash screen when creating a job.

Post by Ultramundane »

Please create a splash screen with several questions that must be entered (maybe configurable?) that the developer must answer before creating the job. These values will be stored as metadata for the job that can be queried and reported on. The values will be stored with the job properties/parameters and can of course be modified later on.

Anyways, when a new job is created, first present the user/developer with a splash screen with the following questions (or ask when the job is saved for the first time [either would be awesome]):

[] Check this box if your job selects or modifies business sensitive date.

Please select how critical this job is for the business:
[] NOT CRITICAL
[] LOW
[] MEDIUM
[] HIGH

Thanks!
Ryan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Would it be OK to include these as properties in the job properties dialog?

Default = "HIGH" ?!!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

ray.wurlod wrote:Would it be OK to include these as properties in the job properties dialog?

Default = "HIGH" ?!!
Yes, include as properties, but I would still like the automatic presentation during the job creation.

In fact, I would like to force these questions to be answered. Maybe it could be configurable is this regards. Thinking about it a little more, I would like these questions asked and they must be answered:

Does or will this job select or modify business sensitive date?
[] Yes.
[] No.
[] I haven't answered yet.

If user select select yes:
In the text box below enter what data and the type of business sensitive data being used. Credit card, health information, etc...
=====================================
* My job is selecting protected information about *
* users social security numbers, phone numbers, *
* and addresses. *
=====================================

Please select how critical this job is for the business:
[] NOT CRITICAL
[] LOW
[] MEDIUM
[] HIGH
[] I haven't answered yet

These questions must be answered in order to create the job (if configured that way, alternatively, the can be just answered in job properties as Ray pointed out.)

Defaults would be "I havent' answered yet" and "I haven't answered yet"

Thanks.